Google Analytics is an amazing free tool that allows you to track your visitors. Here are some important metrics that you should be
- Most popular pages. The pages that are most popular can be leveraged to increase conversions by adding call-to-actions to them.
- Keywords used. This information helps you understand what your visitors are looking for when they visit your site.
- Average time on site. If your visitors are spending too little time on your site (e.g. only a few seconds), you may have flaws that you must fix.
- Average time on each page. By seeing which pages people spend more time on, you can see what things keep your visitors on your site and what things keep them away.
- Source. Your biggest source of traffic will usually be Google, but you should check how you are doing with Bing and Yahoo as well. If you are tweeting or posting to another social site about your website, you should find out if people are visiting your site from Twitter, Facebook, or your other social sites.
- Location. Where are most of your visitors from? If most of your visitors come from a specific country, you should be attempting to target people from that country.
These are just some general tips on how to leverage Google Analytics to increase conversions. You should keep analyzing your data to increase your conversions more and more.
If you want more detailed data, such as where on your website your visitors are clicking, where they scroll to, and what each visitor did on your site, you should check this out.