Is it possible to do affiliate marketing without a website?
Well, I’m not going to say that it’s not, because it is. But it’s still very ineffective compared to affiliate marketing with a website.
Some people, however, may not want to or are not interested in setting up a website, for whatever reason. Here are some alternatives for them.
What’s Holding You Back?
These days, there shouldn’t be any technical or even price-related issues holding you back from setting up a website. With a WordPress website, you don’t need to know ANYTHING about HTML or website development. Everything is already done for you. You can even get one for free, with no need to pay for neither a domain OR hosting.
In fact, if you want, you can instantly set up TWO free websites in a matter of minutes RIGHT NOW, no credit card or personal information required. You can do this by signing up to Siterubix Website Platform.
But some people may still not want to set up a website. Perhaps they just want to do a little affiliate marketing on the side, a little here and there, without putting in too much work or building a website.
Well, it is possible, though frankly, it’s not that effective and does not have the same potential.
HBut here are some ways you can do affiliate marketing without a website.
- Social Media. If you have a large social media following, you can certainly send out a recommendation of a certain product every now and then. However, this will not bring a HUGE profit, as you certainly do not want to overdo it. The last thing ANYONE wants to do is follow someone who consistently spams. You also don’t want to turn away your family and friends.
- YouTube Videos. You can set up a Youtube channel related to a specific niche. However, you’ll have to make quality videos that have quality reviews of the products you’re promoting, because people will otherwise flag your videos as spam.
- Forums, Threads, and Discussions. Some forums are set up for people in a specific niche, say dieting and weight loss. If you are an active member, you may be able to recommend a product with your affiliate link embedded here and there. However, forums may also have anti-spam rules, so you might want to be careful.
- Advertisements. You can post ads on Craigslist. You can also start a PPC (Paid Per Click) Campaign, where your ads will come up at the beginning of search results in the search engines. However, Google does not allow ads that have affiliate links in them and that send people off to a company’s website. So you’ll have to send them off to your landing page, or a one-page website. You can also do ads oFa and other social networks.
- Emails, Friends & Family. You can certainly recommend products to your friends and relatives, either in person or via email. But I really don’t recommend this method, as you’ll just end up nagging the people who are close to you most. Friends and family should be more important to you then some measly few dollars you’ll make off a sale.
As you can see, there ARE, in fact, ways, to do affiliate marketing without a website. But the turnout is much lower, it often borderlines spam (or sometimes is outright spay), and may cost money, if you are posting ads.
Of course, you can always set up a website and do affiliate marketing from there. You can also do it as a side job. It does, however, take time, and it is not an instant cash type of thing.
If you want to learn how to be an affiliate marketer, click here.