Is Mr. Rebates a scam? Who is Mr. Rebates? Find out by reading this Mr. Rebates review.
Mr. Rebates — Who He Is
Mr. Rebates is a website that offers you money to shop through their site. When you shop via the Mr. Rebates website, you will earn cash back for your purchases.
Here’s how it works: You create an account and browse the site, looking for products and stores that you like. When you click a link on Mr. Rebates and visit a store, you will earn cash back on what you buy. For example, if you visit Amazon, you can earn up to seven percent cash back. So if you buy something that is worth $70, you can get up to $10 deposited into your Mr. Rebates account.
Once you have at least ten dollars in your Mr. Rebates account, you can have that money sent to you via a check, Paypal, or via a gift card.
The reason this is possible is because companies pay Mr. Rebates to be featured on their site, because they know they will get more customers this way. Mr. Rebates uses some of that money to pay you for purchasing through their site.
Essentially, this is a great way to get discounts on hundreds of products.
Mr. Rebates has an A+ rating with the BBB and has been very responsive to complaints. Following are some pros and cons of Mr. Rebates vs other cashback sites.
Mr. Rebates Pros
- You withdraw from your approved balance whenever you want, provided that you have at least $10
- You can get paid via Paypal, check, or gift card
- Shop from dozens of stores
- Most rebates take just 1-3 days to be accredited to your account
- A+ rating with the BBB
Mr. Rebates Cons
- Cashback amounts can be lower than other cashback sites
- Some purchases can take up to 30 days to be accredited to your account
- After a purchase is accredited, you must wait another 90 days for it to be approved; before that, it will be pending
Mr. Rebates vs Ebates
How does Mr. Rebates compare to Ebates, another popular cashback site? Based on the pros and cons listed above, Ebates would probably be the better choice. Let’s take a look:
- Ebates pays every 3 months, and Mr. Rebates takes 90-120 days to pay
- Ebates can have higher cashback rates at major sites (Amazon, Walmart, Kohl’s)
- Mr. Rebates allows you to withdraw from your approved balance whenever you want, Ebates doesn’t
Both have their perks. I personally would recommend signing up to both. It can’t hurt! You may find products listed on Mr. Rebates that are not listed on Ebates.
So, Is Mr. Rebates a Scam? Can It Really Be True?
Mr. Rebates is definitely not a scam. They have an A+ rating with the BBB. It is a great site to go to if you want to get discounts on your purchases. Certainly, if you are buying something anyway, you may as well purchase it through Mr. Rebates and get some of your money back.
Help your friends save money by sharing this post on social media!