Is Opinion Outpost legit or a total scam? What is “Opinion Outpost” anyway? Find out the TRUTH!
First, let me start off by saying that Opinion Outpost is one of the best survey sites I have found so far. But I still can’t recommend it. Why?
The reason to that is very simple. Although Opinion Outpost might be an excellent survey site, and I’ll tell you why I think so, on the other hand, it is, in the end, a survey site after all. Which means a few things.
One, you will not be able to make a lot of money taking surveys. It’s just impossible for any survey site to start paying even half of the minimum wage to surveyees, simply because so many people will flood their site. Besides, they can’t afford that.
Also, it means that you won’t qualify for every survey. That’s just the way it works. Companies are usually looking for certain criteria when doing research studies. Granted, some sites are better than others, but the common denominator between ALL survey sites is that you will get disqualified often.
Unfortunately, Opinion Outpost is not one of the rare survey sites which pay you 5-10 cents on each disqualification, which is indeed a con.
Now that we’ve covered that, and you know what to expect: basically, that you shouldn’t get your hopes high as the most you’ll make is some extra spending cash, let’s see why Opinion Outpost is indeed a good survey site.
What Is Opinion Outpost? How Does It Work?
Basically, you sign up for free, after which you can start taking surveys. Surveys will also be sent to your email, a few each day. You can also take surveys by logging in directly to their site.
Each day, you can take a certain number of surveys, after which you’ll have to wait until the next day.
The rewards for the surveys are governed by a point system. Surveys are usually either 5, 10, or 15 points. (Actually, some are 20, 25, or more, depending on the length. I once got a survey that took 45 minutes to an hour to do but paid me 35 points, or $3.50. True, below the minimum wage, but not bad for a survey site!)
Each point is the equivalent of 10 cents, so 5 points mean fifty cents; 10 points = a dollar.
Once you have reached 30 points, you can start cashing out. However, if you want something good, you will have to wait until you have 100 points, or $10.
For 30 points/$3, you can
- Donate to Red Cross.
- Enter 3 entries into a prize drawing.
- Get a gift card at Alawar PC games.
For 50 points/$5 you can:
- Get an amazon gift card
For 100 points/$10, you can:
- Get an Itunes gift card.
- Get $10 in your PayPal account.
If you have 105 points, you can redeem them for airline miles.
Opinion Outpost Customer Service:
Help Line: 877-254-1234
- Although you won’t qualify for all surveys, it is easier to qualify than most survey sites.
- The pay is not bad. Most survey sites don’t offer anything near $1.50 for a survey.
- The payout is rather low, so you don’t feel that pressured to complete more and more surveys so you wouldn’t have worked in vain. In fact, if you’ve completed just two 15 point surveys, you can already cash out. And for cash to PayPal, you only need ten dollars.
- They have a good reputation of paying out efficiently and on time. I personally have been paid well by them.
- Get 5 Points for filling out your profile.
- They only offer you 1 entry to a $10,000 drawing if disqualified, not any money, even a few cents. On the other hand, it’s very rare for a survey site to actually pay you if you get disqualified, and those that do are lacking in other areas.
A Few Words About Opinion Outpost
I just want to make clear that although Opinion Outpost is a fairly good survey site, you will not make a lot of money through them.
Yes, if you have some extra time with nothing much to do, sure, by all means, take surveys. Yes, you will be rewarded for your efforts. BUT, don’t have high expectations. Certainly don’t see this as a way to pay your bills (especially since there is a limited amount of surveys each day).
Also, be prepared. Know that you will not qualify for all surveys. Accept that. Try out a few surveys each day; if you qualify, great; if not, fine. Eventually, you will reach the $10 mark.
You may be interested in: