What is the Clixsense scam? What is it all about? Is it a scam? Or is it legit?
(Legal Disclaimer: If you join a program or purchase a product through this website, I may earn a commission. This does not affect you in any way.)
How It Works (In Other Words, How You Make Money)
There are a number of ways you can make money through Clixsense. Here they are.
- Complete surveys. This is the regular online survey taking experience – take 15-25 minute surveys for just a buck or two. There is also a great chance that you will start a survey only to be disqualified for it soon after.
- Complete tasks. These are small little micro-tasks such as entering data, taking mini-surveys, or doing some other short task. These tasks pay very little, usually a few cents each.
- Click on ads. People advertise on Clixsense, and you can be paid for clicking on ads that lead you to websites. It takes just a few seconds to click on an ad and visit a website, but one click usually only pays around $0.001 (yes, that’s one-tenth of a cent). That means you’ll have to click on around one hundred ads just to earn ten pennies.
- Complete offers. There are a lot of offers you can complete in order to earn money at Clixsense. Some require you to simply sign up at a website, others require you to complete a free trial, and yet others require you to spend money. Although these offers can sometimes pay you two bucks just for signing up somewhere, many of these offers do not pay right away; it can sometimes take two months to finally receive your cash.
- Play the Clixsense game. This involves clicking on boxes in a grid; each box leads you to another website which you must view for ten seconds. The point is that you may land on the lucky square and earn ten dollars.
- Refer friends. You earn a small commission every time your referral earns something. These commissions are very small – sometimes only a fraction of a cent. You do earn a dollar or two when your referral cashes out, if and when that happens. The same goes for when your referral upgrades to premium membership or purchases ad credits (more on that stuff later).
Payments are made via Paypal, provided that you have at least eight dollars in your account.
There is also a premium membership that costs $17 per year. The benefits of having a premium membership are slightly higher earnings potential, higher commissions, slightly lower minimum payout requirements, and being able to earn commissions from your referrals’ referral, your referrals’ referrals’ referrals, etc, up to eight levels.
Clixsense For Website Owners
As mentioned earlier, Clixsense pays its members to click on ads that lead them to websites. Because they are being paid such low amounts, you can earn thousands of clicks and website visitors just by spending a few bucks. The obvious problem with this is that nobody at Clixsense is really interested in visiting your site, and they’ll leave as soon as possible. This raises your bounce rates and can really hurt your website’s page rank.
Another way for website owners to earn money from Clixsense is through utilizing their affiliate program. Again, the commissions are so low that you’d be advised to stick with higher paying affiliate programs.
So, Is Clixsense a Legit Website? Can It Really Be True?
Yes, Clixsense is legit. It’s not like you will get rich from Clixsense. It certainly can not replace a full-time job.
However, you can make a little extra money on the side, especially since you only need eight dollars to cash out. There are also sometimes offers that take only a few minutes to complete and still pay a few bucks (though you may have to keep a list of all the trials you should cancel at the last minute to avoid being charged.)