Why have a website? Is a website better than Facebook? Why is it important to have a website?
Is a Website Better than Facebook?
There is no clear answer to that question. The truth is that it really depends on what your needs are. In many ways, having your own personal website is way more superior than simply using Facebook.
(Standard Disclaimer: If a visitor purchases something a joins a program through this website, I will receive a commission.)
Advantage of Personal Websites Over Facebook
Facebook is not more than a social media platform. You can create posts with pictures and videos to share with your friends, and you can connect with your friends by reading their posts and commenting on them. You can also find Facebook pages and groups that interest you.
However, there’s not much more to it than that. You are mostly limited to sharing ideas with your existing friends — it’s not a platform to get your ideas out to the world. At the same time, it’s not a place for deeper stuff — if you want to post an in-depth article expressing your opinion on a certain matter, you can not do it on Facebook.
That’s where owning a blog comes in. On a blog, you can:
- Share your ideas with the whole world.
- Provide in-depth information about your opinion, feelings, daily life, thoughts, ideas, or anything else you want to write about.
Some More Pros of Having a Website
- It’s your site. You own it. You can control what people say, and you don’t have to let nasty comments on your site if you do not want to.
- You can monetize your blog if you want to — it’s a way of making some extra money.
- In a sense, a blog is even more private than Facebook — if you don’t want the whole world to read your blog, you just don’t optimize it for the search engines. You can even hide your blog from Google if you wish, so that nobody comes across it except the people who know about it. On Facebook, anyone can chance upon your profile.
- You don’t have to worry about harassment and people bothering you on Facebook, etc.
Here’s Good News — You Can Have Both, and For Free
The truth is that you can have both Facebook and a personal blog. You can use Facebook for connecting with friends, and you can use your blog to blog about your hobby — for example, if you love photography, you can post galleries of your images on your blog.
To start your own blog today, simply enter a website name in the box below, and click “Build it Now”!