Will PrizeRebel scam you? Or is PrizeRebel legit? Read this thorough review to find out.
PrizeRebel – A Great GPT Site
PrizeRebel (formerly InstantBucks) is a GPT site that has been around since 2007. It’s based in San Diego, California. GPT stands for Get Paid To. It’s called that because PrizeRebel will pay you to do stuff, like taking surveys, playing games, and watching videos. I’ve found PrizeRebel to be one of the better GPT sites out there. There are a number of ways to earn money at PrizeRebel, and we will be going through them one by one.
#1: Taking Surveys
At PrizeRebel, you can take surveys online and be rewarded for it. Surveys can be about anything: What you purchased at the grocery last week, what your favorite TV shows are, what types of shoes you like, or really anything.
PrizeRebel has partnered with 7 different survey networks, and you can take surveys from all of them straight from your PrizeRebel dashboard. This is good, because it gives you a much larger selection of surveys to choose from, thus making it easier to find a survey you like. Here are the survey networks available at PrizeRebel:
How much can you earn by taking surveys? How long do they last? Answer: Although it’s definitely possible to make money doing surveys, it’s also not very profitable. For example, 50-75 cents for a 20-minute survey is a standard rate. Sometimes, after answering a few questions, they will find that you don’t fit the necessary demographics, and you will be disqualified from a survey without having earned anything.
#2: Completing Offers
Another way to make money is by completing offers. There are many types of offers, so let’s examine some common types:
- Free Membership Offers: You can earn money by signing up to various membership sites, such as coupon sites and other survey or GPT sites.
- Free Trial Offers: You can earn money for signing up for a free trial at a membership site. For example, you might sign up for a free trial of a magazine subscription service in exchange for getting paid few dollars. Companies do this because they know that many people won’t end up canceling their trial and will become a paying member.
- Mailing List Offers: Sometimes you can earn money for signing up to an email list or a mailing list for a company. You will then start receiving promotional mail from that company.
- Purchases: You can earn money by buying stuff. For example, you might earn $3 for buying something that costs $10. Granted, you won’t earn money this way, but you can save money on something you would have purchased anyway.
- Downloading Apps: Another way to earn is by registering your phone and downloading apps for them. Rewards can be just a few cents or a lot more.
- Playing Games: You can earn money for playing games.
I just want to point out that it’s not as simple as it sounds. There are often rules for getting your rewards. For example, you might have to win certain levels of a video game in order to get your points. You might also have to keep an app you downloaded for a specific amount of time before you get your points.
As with surveys, there are a number of partners that pay you for offers. They can all be accessed from your PrizeRebel dashboard.
#3: Doing Small Tasks
You can earn money by doing small tasks like data entry. These tasks pay very little and are powered by Crowdlower, a micro-task company.
#4: Watching Videos
Another way to earn a few cents is by watching short videos with ads. However, there aren’t always videos available.
#5: Other Ways to Earn
There are other ways to earn, such as receiving bonus points for reaching a certain amount of points or for earning the most points. You can also earn points by referring friends to PrizeRebel.
How Does PrizeRebel Pay You?
There are many ways to get paid at PrizeRebel. You can get paid via cash to your bank account, Paypal account, or through bitcoins. You must have earned at least $5 to cash out. Each point you earn has a value of one cent (500 points equals $5).
You can also get paid via gift cards and physical gifts. Gift cards include Amazon, CVS, Kmart, and dozens of other gift cards. Physical gifts include stuff like video games and books.
You can also spend your points on raffle drawings and tickets. It costs just 10-20 points to join a drawing or purchase a ticket with lucky numbers. Prizes are usually gift cards of small amounts, such as $10. There’s no guarantee you will win these raffles.
Pros of PrizeRebel
- Many surveys and offers to choose from
- Cash out via real cash
- Minimum cash out just $5
- Rewards are processed within 24 hours (unlike other GPT sites, which can take weeks)
- Once you reach Silver level (1,000 points), rewards are processed immediately
- Simple point system — each point equals one cent
Cons of PrizeRebel
- Earning potential is very limited
- Surveys aren’t really worth your time
- Often, there are not a lot of tasks available
So, Is PrizeRebel a Scam? Can It Really Be True?
PrizeRebel is definitely legit. In fact, it’s one of the best GPT sites out there, because the point system if very clear, the minimum payout is only $5, and rewards get processed very quickly. It’s a great place to go if you are looking for a little extra pocket cash in your free time. On the other hand, if you are looking for a real solution to making money online, I would suggest you join Wealthy Affiliate. You can join for free, and they will teach you how to build a long-term business online. I’ve created a chart that compares Wealthy Affiliate to PrizeRebel, so take a look:
So go ahead and create your free Wealthy Affiliate account and start building your online business today!